Did you know!!!
You can now download over 300,000 books from the NYPL for free!
The Summer Reading Program will be held at the following times and locations:
- June 21 Library: 1130-1230
- June 28 Pinz Bowling: 1130-1230
- July 5 Library: 1130-1230
- July 12 Fitness Center: 1130-1230
- July 19 Library: 1130-1230
- July 26 Golf Course: 1130-1230
- August 2 Library: 1130-1230
- August 9 Baseball Field: 1130-1230
- August 17 Party at the Housing Pool: 1230-1330 (Food and drinks will be provided)
*Parents are responsible for food and drinks for their children.
Nooks Now Available!
The MWR Library now has Nooks available for a 1 month check-out. If you're not quite ready to bring it back, you can extend your check-out for up to 2 months! As always, the the library is available to help assist you with creating a digital library account through Navy Digital Library so you can enjoy the thousands of books and video available for free.
The U.S. Navy General Library Program has developed an easier way to access a variety of free online library resources. These resources are available to Navy families and the civilians that support them on bases around the world at www.navymwrdigitallibrary.org
Click the digital link on the home page and Register for a DS Logon.
You’ll then be asked to select your DS Logon registration method:
1. I have a Common Access Card (CAC) with accessible card reader.
2. I have a Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) myPay account.
3. None of the above conditions apply, however at least one of the following conditions is true:
a. I am a Veteran
b. I am a Dependent of a Veteran
c. I am a Survivor of a Veteran
d. I am registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
If you encounter any technical problems, please contact MWR Library at 727-2418 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A world of knowledge is at your finger tips at the MWR Library. Whether you’re a college student researching a term paper or you’d just like to find information on the Internet, the MWR Library has all the information you need. There are thousands of books, magazines and newspapers available. Every month, the Library receives the latest book releases of every genre for all age groups.
Some MWR Library Services include:
- Wi-Fi Access throughout the library
- Copying, scanning, and faxing services
- Private study areas
- DVDs (movies and popular T.V. series), CDs and Audio Books
- Paperback trade program
- Learning language programs provided to all Department of Navy through NKO
- Summer reading program
- Special art exhibits
- Children’s story time
- Inter-library loan program
- Adult book club
- Conference room
- Library lounge with couches, chairs, 42″ T.V. and stereo system
- Computer workstations with free internet access
Library Cafe with Wi-Fi for patrons who want to relax and sip on some cafe con leche while engaging in a new adventure with one of our many wonderful authors.
The MWR Library has a Research Media Center in which customers can access the internet for personal, educational and research purposes. Patrons may also access our subscription databases, and get involved in a world of knowledge. Each computer contains Microsoft Office and is attached to both a color and black & white printer.
Inter-Library Loan is now available with all Navy Libraries in Europe. Books and other materials may be obtained from Naples, Sigonella, and Souda Bay. In addition, if you are going TDY to any of those locations, you will be able to checkout books through your account in Rota. Please contact the Library for more information. Library Online Catalogue here.
MWR LIBRARY BLOG: books in English and Spanish reviewed by the Library Staff.