Aquatics Center: Indoor Pool
After much anticipation and patience the Aquatics Center is open after a design build renovation.
The purpose of this $1.5M CNIC design build project was to renovate the existing roof and complete major facility upgrades including new wall structures, an ADA compliant chair lift, and 6 re-tiled swim lanes. A specialized Mortex flooring around the pool area has been added to enhance health and safety in addition to a new integrated HVAC and de-humidifier system for better heating and ventilation. You’ll notice a complete overhaul to the shower areas including ceramic walls, ceiling tiles, doors, windows and counters. To enhance your experience, MWR has installed new lockers, ladders, starting blocks, lifeguard chairs and other amenities. As a part of the CNIC approved pricing initiative, the Aquatics Center/ Housing Pool fees for T.E.I. card holders have been dropped to zero!
The Aquatics Center has everything you need for a complete water-fitness workout- lap swim, Command PT, PRT, Navy 2nd swim testing, and swim team practice. If lap swimming is not enough, you’ll find our new core workout station with a pull-up bar, stationary bikes, row machine, kettle bells, sit-up mats, TRX and SPRI bands. This combination of training can help you torch calories, build muscle, and provide an option for high intensity training. During the afternoon session (1500-1930) the Aquatics Center is open for recreational swim.
Aquatics Center features include
- L-shaped indoor 25-meter heated pool and dive wall with 5 racing platforms.
- Water aerobic group classes for commands and family members. See posted class times or call to schedule a class.
- Swim lessons are offered for all levels throughout the year. Please call for fees and times.
- Outside patios are available and special pool party dates are schedule per customer requests. Party fees apply, call for more details.
- MWR supports the Rota Tiburones as the community youth swim team.