Indoor Pool Update
After years of serviceable life, the roof support structure at the Naval Station Rota Aquatic Center has met its need and is being replaced following a $1.5 million special project award. The Aquatic Center will be closed from December 12, 2013 until April 2015 to begin the renovation process. Renovations include a new ridged roof, replacement of lockers in the locker rooms, updating the toilet and shower area to comply with American Disability Act standards, installation of a HVAC system, re-tiling the pool, and the installation of a wheelchair lift to make the pool easily accessible to physically challenged swimmers. For service and family members concerned with maintaining physical fitness, the Fitness Center will offer classes and exercise alternatives to swimming.
The indoor Aquatics Center meets your fitness and recreational swimming needs. During fall, winter and spring, the pool is open if you would like to swim laps to stay in shape, get ready for that next PFA, practice for the triathlon or for your enjoyment with family and friends. During summer hours, the Aquatics Center is open limited hours for command PT, lap swimming and exercise only. Recreational and family swimming during the summer is located at the Housing Pool.
Aquatics Center features include
- L-shaped indoor 25-meter heated pool and dive wall with 5 racing platforms.
- Water aerobic group classes for commands and family members. See posted class times or call to schedule a class.
- Swim Lessons offered for all levels, year-round. Please call for fees and times.
- Outside patios are available and special pool party dates are schedule per customer requests. Party fees apply.
- MWR supports the Rota Tiburones as the community youth swim team. See swimrota.com for more information.