The indoor Aquatics Center meets your fitness and recreational swimming needs. During fall, winter and spring, the pool is open if you would like to swim laps to stay in shape, get ready for that next PFA, practice for the triathlon or for your enjoyment with family and friends. During summer hours, the Aquatics Center is open limited hours for command PT, lap swimming and exercise only. Recreational and family swimming during the summer is located at the Housing Pool.
Aquatics Center features include
- L-shaped indoor 25-meter heated pool and dive wall with 5 racing platforms.
- Water aerobic group classes for commands and family members. See posted class times or call to schedule a class.
- Swim Lessons offered for all levels, year-round. Please call for fees and times.
- Outside patios are available and special pool party dates are schedule per customer requests. Party fees apply.
- MWR supports the Rota Tiburones as the community youth swim team. See swimrota.com for more information.
Housing Pool: Summer Fun
With a giant slide, diving board, and kiddy pool, the outdoor Housing Pool is the place to beat the heat and have a summer of fun! The Housing Pool is available for recreational swim, pool rental and pool party needs. Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by and under the direct supervision of an individual whose minimum age is 16 years. Children ages 10-12, in order to be left unattended, must complete a junior swimmer’s contract, signed by a parent or guardian, and must pass the swim test. The swim test consists of the ability to swim a minimum of 50 meters with deep water entry, along with the ability to tread water for one minute. Parents or guardian must accompany their child during the test during open swim hours. Children will be issued a card authorizing them to use the pool unaccompanied. Snacks and lunch from home are welcome. However, NO GLASS items are permitted, and all pool patrons must appropriately dispose of all trash in the available trash cans. The Housing Pool is open from the Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. The pool is only open on the weekends when the DGF schools are in session (in early June and late August). Only TEI cardholders are authorized to use the Housing Pool. A pool usage fee is charged for pool patrons. Discount cards are available for family and individuals.